We want to thank you all for your patience and understanding through the COVID-19 pandemic. Please continue to be kind and understanding while we navigate through our 'new normal' as medical providers. We will continue to practice safest measures for Montrose Veterinary Clinic based on CDC recommendations and our leadership staff.
With the following guidelines in place, we feel comfortable re-opening our lobby and exam rooms to clients beginning July 1st, 2021. Please understand that it takes 2-3 staff members to work together in close proximity on some patients; and because of this we will continue to ask that our staff and clients continue to wear masks while inside the building. These safety precautions are necessary for us to continue to be available to offer care for your pets. If COVID-19 spreads within our clinic, this will leave your pet without medical care as we will be forced to take quarantine measures. Please keep this in mind when considering our re-opening protocols and policies.
MVC Re-Opening Guidelines and Policies
- Any clients and staff (vaccinated or not) will be required to wear a mask while inside the building. If you do not have a mask, we can provide you with one. If you elect not to wear a mask, your appointment will be curb-side and you will not be allowed in the building.
- Only 1 family member at a time is allowed in an exam room. Please remain in the provided chair while your pet is being examined by the doctor.
- Please call us when you arrive for your appointment from your vehicle. We ask that you stay in your vehicle to avoid any crowding in the lobby or at check-in/check-out. We will ask you for your vehicle type/color and our technician will come out to your vehicle and escort you into your assigned exam room when we are ready to see your pet. If you are going to be more than 10 minutes late to your appointment, you will be asked to reschedule.
- For all 'drop-off' appointments, surgery drop-offs or boarding check-ins, we ask that you stay in your vehicle and call us at 713-524-3814 when you arrive. We will come to your vehicle and gather a history, have you sign drop-off forms and we will then bring your pet inside. The doctor will call you to go over discharge and let you know when your fur baby is ready for pick up. When you arrive for pick up, please call us to check-out and remain in your vehicle unless asked otherwise.
- If you would prefer for your appointment to be handled "curb-side", we would be happy to accommodate this.
- Please call us from your vehicle for all prescription medication and food pick-ups. We would prefer to bring medications to you rather than you waiting in the lobby. Please allow us 24 hours notice when placing a refill request.
Again, we appreciate your patience and understanding. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call us at 713-524-3814 or email us at [email protected]
Although we maintain the highest level of cleanliness on a regular basis, we are taking extra measures, including:
- Please forgive us for not shaking hands. We value your trust and friendship, but we want to do our part in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- We have had UV air purification systems installed in our buildings air ducts to help destroy any bacteria or viruses in the air.
- We are thoroughly and frequently disinfecting all surfaces with hospital grade disinfectants.
- All staff is paying extra attention to hand washing and personal hygiene, disinfecting thoroughly between every interaction.
- The safety and wellbeing of our employees is one of our primary concerns. We are accommodating requests for leave related to any COVID-19 illness and have asked anyone showing symptoms of or having exposure to COVID-19 to remain away from work.
We also ask any clients who are feeling unwell to not visit our hospital. We can provide you with telemedicine options.
Please follow our Facebook page and check your email for updates.🐾💜
The Montrose Veterinary Clinic Team